Avenlea is a Master Planned Community crafted to encourage active, well-rounded lifestyles through spaces, places, and experiences that connect residents and guests together and with the natural world around them.
Avenlea is located just north of the West Broad commercial and retail district in western Henrico County and consists of approximately 183 developable acres bound by Goochland County to the west, I-64 to the south, and N. Gayton Road to the east, as well as 205 acres of vacant, county-owned property to the north.
Avenlea’s land uses are broken down in general accord with the Henrico County Comprehensive Plan and categorized as: Mixed-Use and Residential. Land uses are organized to encourage safe pedestrian activity, minimize car trips, and enhance the enjoyment of nature while also providing a variety of residential types, employment, and commercial applications.
Avenlea’s developmental style offers a mix of use and density, and will host a mix of single family detached homes, townhomes, condominiums and for rent apartments, and feature a carefully orchestrated network of pedestrian-friendly streets, sidewalks, trails, and community open spaces.
Mixed Use & Retail
Avenlea’s mixed-use spaces, shops, and restaurants will offer Avenlea residents, visitors, and nearby communities with services described as “Urban Mixed-Use” by the Henrico County Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinance. This includes, but is not limited to, service retail and small offices.
Schools, Parks & Safety
Schools & Libraries
- Kaechele Elementary serves 429 students with a capacity of 600
- Short Pump Middle School serves 863 students with a capacity of 1129
- Deep Run High School serves 1793 students with a capacity of 2000
- Twin Hickory Recreation Center features walking trails, open play areas, multi-purpose fields, and picnic shelters, as well as children’s “spray park”
- Pouncey Tract Park features pickleball courts, softball and multi-purpose athletic fields, picnic facilities, and a playground
- Avenlea will be served by Firehouse 19 located at 12324 Kain Road
Supporting Active Lifestyles
Avenlea is a walkable community with various neighborhoods and amenities connected by a thoughtfully planned network of pedestrian greenways, parks, open spaces, trails, and sidewalks.
Fostering a Connected Community
Avenlea encourages connecting with others through spaces and experiences design for both formal and casual gatherings, as well as opportunities for active and passive recreation.
Creating Cohesion through Diversity
Avenlea’s rich diversity of housing – from single to multi-family, townhomes, cottages, and condominiums – is thoughtfully curated to create a cohesive sense of place and unique identity.